Saturday, October 30, 2010

Sushi Garden

Address: 4269 Lougheed Highway
 
Sushi Garden is probably one of my favorite sushi places in Burnaby. So when it's time to meet up with a bunch of ex-coworkers for lunch, I suggested this place. This restaurant is on Lougheed Highway right beside Staples. There is very limited parking in the front, but tons of parking in the back of the building.

Like the Sushi Garden on Kingsway, this one is also very very busy. You definitely have to wait a bit to get a table, but because it's bigger than the one on Kingsway, the turnover rate is quite fast.

Since there were 6 of us, we decided to order a bunch of things to share. First we started with salmon sashimi, and there were 8 big pieces of nice fresh salmon.


Then we had the Agedashi Tofu, which was pretty good, but I found the sauce to be a bit weaker than the ones I'm accustomed to.


Then we had Alaska Roll and Scallop Roll. The Alaska roll was delicious, but it was very runny, it didn't look very appetizing. The scallop roll was very good, the presentation was different from other restaurant though.


Finally we had Yam Tempura Roll, Dynamite Roll, and Spider Roll. The yam roll was okay, a bit bland for my taste. The Dynamite roll was good, two pieces of shrimp instead of one. The spider roll was good. My biggest complaint is the size of these rolls. It's like impossible to stuff the whole thing in your mouth. But if you don't, it defeat the purpose of eating sushi... Anyways, it took a lot of effort to get these things into my mouth.


Anyways, I had a great time with the girls. This place is still the top of my list in Burnaby.

Sushi Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment