Sunday, October 17, 2010

Balkan House

Address: 7530 Edmonds St.
Website: http://www.balkanhouse.info/

A friend and I decided to try something different from the typical dining out scene in Vancouver, so we picked this place for some traditional Eastern European food. The restaurant is situated at the corner of Edmonds St and Canada Way, so it is a bit isolated. It has a nice large parking lot right in the back. The restaurant was quite empty when we entered, and it remained that way the rest of the night. Maybe it's because we went on a Thursday night, but there were total 10 people max in the restaurant the entire evening. Not that I'm complaining, I quite enjoyed the quiet evening and the awesome service. 


We started the meal with veal and vegetable soup. It was very flavorful, but a little too salty for my taste.


Then we had the roasted pepper salad. Now I am not a big fan of pepper, actually, it's one of those veggies that I leave behind on my plate after a meal. But this pepper was different, it was marinaded in some type of sweet and sour sauce, and grilled to perfection.

  
The finally, we shared the all famous Balkan meat platter. It consisted of 6 assorted house special meat: meat patties, sausage, bacon, shish kebab, smoked pork neck & cevapcici. Although I wasn't 100% sure what I was eating, I quite enjoyed them all. 


Although the food was delicious and the ambiance was great, the best part was definitely the company.
Thanks for the great night Banana!

Balkan House

No comments:

Post a Comment