Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Estea in Burnaby

Address: 6401 Kingsway

Estea is probably one of the worst Taiwanese restaurant I've been to in Burnaby. The restaurant was super empty when we walked in, which is probably a good indicator of their quality of food. I've been never to a Chinese restaurant that won't serve tea to their customers, and when you ask, their reply is "you have to pay for tea here"! Anyways, they finally brought us 3 cups of water, and when I finished half of the glass, I realized that there was a piece of napkin floating in my water! -_-'

As for the food, I had the braised beef omelet rice and it was mediocre. I thought an omelet rice thing is suppose to be like a omelet wrap, but as you can see from the picture, that's not the case. It's really just an egg over rice with braised beef on the side.

One friend had the salted fried chicken special thing and I had to take a pic of it. As you can see from the picture, there actually isn't that much chicken, the few pieces are placed on a bed of cabbage, so it looks like a lot, but it really isn't.



Okay, even though I knew I was going to be disappointed, I ordered the tofu pudding with taro and pearls. It was probably one of the worst tofu pudding I've had. The taro pieces were hard and difficult to chew on...


Finally, the restaurant stunk, literally. The minute you walk in, you are overwhelmed with the smell of something rotten. All the seats in the restaurant are covered with dirty white cloth and the seats kind of smelled. Not impressed with this place at all. I will definitely not return to this.

Estea Beverage Club

No comments:

Post a Comment