Sunday, November 28, 2010

Toyama Sushi

Address: 757 Seymour St.
website: http://www.oftendining.com/restaurant_info/view_restaurant.php?store_id=1500

My aunt came to visit Vancouver with her sons, so I took them and my parents out for all you can eat sushi. It's absolutely awesome taking two big boys out for all you can eat because you really feel like you get your money's worth, lol. It's amazing how much food we ordered, what you see here is probably only half of what we actually ordered... I couldn't even keep up with my camera. I have to say, it was an awesome night for the foodie in me. Now I'll let the food do the talking.


First we started with Tuna belly. I'm not a big fan of this, I find tuna bellies to be too fatty and fishy. But my dad loved it.

Then we had a few different sunomonos, this one is the squid one.


This one is spider roll. Soft crab with avocado and veggie roll. I thought it was mediocre, not as good as the one at Sushi Garden.


What we have here is Toro sushi (tuna belly) and Tobiko sushi (Flying fish Roe).


For sashimi, clockwise from top left: we've got Tako (Octopus), Hokkigai (Surf clam), Shimisaba (mackerel), Ika (Squid), and Hamachi (yellowtail). They were all delicious!


Top row: ebi (shrimp), salmon. Middle: abalone. Bottom row: lobster and shark fin.


Top: scallop cone. Middle: spider roll. Bottom: california roll.


Raw oyster.


Oyster Motoyaki (Oyster topped with baked mayo)


More sashimi


Beef tongue! I know it looks gross, but it was really really good. 


Unagi roll


Beef Sashimi. I'm not a big fan. I think beef is the only thing I can't eat raw...


Finally for dessert, mango pudding. I have to say, it was the worst mango pudding I've ever had. I was super disappointed with their dessert menu. There were only two desserts included with the menu, mango and coconut pudding. Toyama is probably the only all you can eat Japanese restaurant that charges extra for ice cream. All in all, we had a great time at the restaurant. The servers were great and the food was fantastic (except for the dessert), I would definitely return again if opportunity arises.

Toyama

No comments:

Post a Comment