Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Baker's Market , a sweet event

EN, RN, and I went to Bakers Market today because we are all such suckers for baked goods! For those that don't know what it is, it's like a farmer's market, except it's a bunch bakers that came together to sell their baked goods.

They open only on Saturdays from 11am - 3pm. (Oct 2 - Dec 11)

 
The event took place in a warehouse with many booths set up for the individual bakers. All the treats were very nicely presented and most tables offered samples. There were cupcakes, pound cakes, macarons, pretzels, danishes, cookies... I was disappointed that they didn't have any type of pies since those are my favorite type of dessert. Either way, it really was a super sweet event. Now I'll just let the pictures do the talking.


This booth had quite a few exciting flavors. I tried the cookies and cream, it was an interesting idea, but i was not impress simply because it was too sweet. The icing wasn't buttery, it was just sugary.


The macarons were presented so beautifully here I had to take a picture. They had some interesting flavors like rose and pistachio. No samples here so we didn't get to try anything, but RN bought 2 packages just to try the flavors. 


I had my eyes on the red velvet cake, but it was sold out in a blink of an eye =(


I had to take a picture of the interesting mashmallows on the stick. The flavors were very interesting, rocky road, orange zest...


I forgot what these are called, but they were absolutely awesome. Sweet, soft, chewy, and kind of custardy. I don't really know how it's suppose to taste like, but I liked it nonethelss. Let's put it this way, it was so good we each bought some. 


I found the frosting of this one to be too sweet as well. 


This is the only place I bought a cupcake from. The mint chocolate was a perfect combo.

No comments:

Post a Comment