Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The One Restaurant

Address: 5908 Kingsway, Burnaby

P and I are meeting up for the first time since we met in class at church. Since we are both such big fans of bubble tea, we had to go for Taiwanese food for our "first date". I originally wanted to take her to Pearl Teahouse, one of my favorite bbtea place in Burnaby, but apparently they don't open on Wednesdays...Of course, I didn't find this out until we got there. Anyways, I took P to a Taiwanese restaurant nearby that's highly recommended by a friend. 

The One Restaurant is quite a hip restaurant. The inside is decorated with vibrant colours and funky shapes. There are limited parking spots in the front, but I didn't have a problem since it was a weekday.


Since we are both such bubble tea nuts, we had to order some drinks. P started with a large honeydew milk tea with pearls. She said it was great.   


I had a small caramel milk tea. It was delicious. The pearls were done very well, sweet and chewy, just the way I like it. It came with this weird little piece of branch-looking plastic decoration, I thought it was a bit odd and out of place.


Then for dinner, P had braised beef with rice.


I had the Satay stirfry noodle. It was delicious. It was a huge plate of food, I probably only finished 1/3 of it.


Overall, we had an awesome time at The One. I'm so grateful for this opportunity to get to know my sister in Christ. It was a great time of sharing and encouragement. Thanks P. Great food and great company, what more can I ask for? 

The One Restaurant

2 comments:

  1. now i'm hungry! haha... i brought my co-workers there... :D and they liked the place too... and were overwhelmed of the big servings... haha... can't wait for our next bubble tea session :D thanks anni! really had a great time! :D

    ReplyDelete