Sunday, March 13, 2011

Michi Waffle & Espresso Bar

Address: 1319 Robson Street, Vancouver
Website: http://michicafe.com/category/store-info

JB totally made my week when she messaged me told me she is coming for a visit. I've been bugging her for so long to come, finally, she took that ferry and crossed that water. Since we were meeting the nursing gang for lunch as our little reunion, JB and I decided to meet up for breakfast first to get some "J and A" time :D We had a lot of catching up to do, I haven't seen JB since my visit to Victoria in September. Anyways, since JB was staying near English Bay, I wanted to take her to one of my favorite waffle places nearby.

As the name suggest, Michi Waffle is best known for their coffees and waffles. The owner of the cafe is Japanese, so not only do they have the typical flavors of Belgian waffles, they also have waffles with an Asian twist. The price is a bit on the pricey side, but I love the food and the ambiance of this place, so I totally think it's worth it.

I started with cafe latte. It was creamy and delicious. The latte art was a bonus. Apparently this is quite a simple design according to the professionals, it amazed me nonetheless.


JB had the mango orange ice tea. I had a sip, it was pretty delish.


As for the waffles, I couldn't resist the matcha (green tea) flavor. It was nice and crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside. I really liked the texture of the waffle. Although the matcha flavor was a bit too subtle for my taste, I was hoping for a more distinct matcha flavor.


JB had the summer delight waffle sundae. Although we were nowhere near summer time, in fact, it was actually snowing outside that day... hey, we could always hope right? This was absolutely delicious. The vanilla ice cream on the top was perfect, nice and creamy with fresh vanilla beans. The waffle was crunchy and the fruits were fresh, it was a perfect combination. Every bite was heavenly. Now who doesn't love ice cream for breakfast right? :P


Michi Waffle & Espresso Bar continue to be one of my favorite place for breakfast. I've already decided what I want try the next time I go. I mean, mochi flavored waffle sounds intriguing right? Oh, and I just found out that they have an afternoon tea special. Apparently, from 12-6pm on weekdays, they have waffle + gelato + cappuccino for only $6! Now who should I drag to go with me?  

Michi Waffle & Espresso Bar

No comments:

Post a Comment