Friday, March 25, 2011

Cheesecake

For my family gathering, my mom asked me to make some cheesecake. Now cream cheese is probably one of my favorite items to use in baking, but for some reason, I've never made plain good old cheesecake. Why? I think subconsciously the cardiac nurse within me stops me from making something so "cardiac unhealthy". Nonetheless, here was my chance to make something I've wanted to make for a long time and share the cholesterol with a big group of people. 

 

Anyways, I made the base from crushed graham crackers. Then I made the filling with cream cheese, sour cream, eggs, lemon juice, sugar, and vanilla extract. Finally, I decorated the top with fresh slices of kiwi.

The cheesecake turned out pretty well, although I overbaked it slightly, so it was a little bit brown. Thus, I covered the brown-ness up with fresh kiwis :D

Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment