Thursday, March 24, 2011

Broken Glass Jello

I saw this recipe on Food Librarian few weeks ago and I could not stop thinking about it. I mean, who doesn't love colorful jellos? So of course when I had time over the weekend one day, I had to experience with this to bring in for work.

The recipe can be found here. The recipe called for 4 boxs of jello, I only had three at home, so I just worked with those. The flavor I used were raspberry, lime, and peach. It turned out to be a nice combination, although quite frankly, any flavors you use probably would have worked quite well. 


I first followed the recipe exactly. But that didn't turn out so well because the jello just wasn't solid enough. I had to re-cook each flavor and added 1/3 package of unflavored gelatin to it. As for the milky part, I also found it to be to soft, but unfortunately, I didn't have the option to re-melt at that point. Next time, I definitely would have put another half pack of unflavored gelatin.



Overall, the jello was quite well accepted. My coworkers described them as a ray of flavors in every bite :D I thought it looked better than it tasted. It really was a treat for the eye, not so much for the mouth. As much fun as it was to make this, it was way too much work. The process was very tedious and time consuming, I probably won't make it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment