Thursday, February 17, 2011

Never good enough?

Have you ever had one of those days where you feel like nothing you do is ever good enough? Well, yesterday was one of those days for me. Yesterday, the most important person in my life said some things to me that broke my heart. I've never felt like a bigger disappointment than how I felt yesterday. It felt like no matter how hard I try, it's just not good enough. It's funny people in our life always have the power to make us feel bad about ourselves. It is often the people we care about the most. Sometimes their comments are intentional, other times they are unintentional. But either way, their comments make us feel small and unworthy. Why is it that other people's comment can have such a profound effect on how we feel about ourselves? Because often our self worth is too based on what people say and how they feel about us.

As I kneel down before God and prayed in tears yesterday, God reminded me that no matter how worthless people around us may make us feel, we are worthy and valuable in His eyes. In fact, He cares about us so much that He sent His son to die for us. It's not that we've done something absolutely wonderful to deserve this grace, but it's because God loved us so very deeply. The truth of the matter is, the true authority on our self worth is God, and He sent His beloved Son to die for us, doesn't that tell us just how much we are worth? 
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

2 comments:

  1. i can totally relate to this... :D and i always get comforted with the knowledge that God sees me as precious and special...and so are you Anni... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are indeed special to God! Your comment totally made my day! Thanks Pepz!

    ReplyDelete