Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Earl Grey Cupcakes.

For Valentine's day, I wanted to bring something sweet to small group. I found a earl grey cupcake recipe I've been dying to try, so this is my opportunity to test it out.

The recipe can be found here. The recipe turned out to be perfect. The only change I made was adding two bags of earl grey tea instead of one. I highly recommend putting two tea bags in because otherwise the tea taste would be way too mild. As for the frosting, I omitted the lemon flavor because I didn't have any lemons at home, and I think the lemon taste would be too overwhelming compared to the mild earl grey taste. Next time though, I probably will add some earl grey to the frosting to get the flavor to pop even more.


Since it was Valentine's day, I had to do some love theme decorations to go with all the festivity in the air. These were some of my pitiful attempts.



Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment