Thursday, February 3, 2011

Chinese Steam Cake

Lately, I've been working on a cake that would taste decent, but also be super healthy for my parents to eat. I wanted to limit the amount of eggs and oil I put into the cake. Seems impossible right? Well, I found a recipe for Chinese Steam Cake that promises all these, and more. There are no eggs, no butter, no oil... I know what you are thinking, it doesn't sound very appetizing right? Actually, it's not bad. Traditional Chinese steam cake are made just with baking powder, brown sugar, flour, milk or coconut milk, and salt. They are not baked, they are steamed instead. I made mine with plain milk and a bit of vanilla. They were pretty good, and they split open the way they are suppose to. Next time, I think I'll try the recipe with coconut milk. Anyways, the recipe can be found here


Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment