Friday, February 18, 2011

Chocolate thumbprint cookies

For my Chinese small group, I wanted to bake something to bring in. I've been craving for some shortbread cookies, so I decided to make some chocolate thumbprint cookies to satisfy my cravings. These cookies are definitely a twist from the traditional thumbprint cookies. First of all, they are chocolate. Secondly, the filling is cream cheese instead of the traditional jam. Then I topped the cookies with a piece of peach, which was the only fruit I had on hand that would work. Only other thing I had were apples... Although the peach went pretty well with the cookie, next time I probably would use some kind of berry, maybe raspberry.

Anyways, the recipe can be found here. I followed the recipe almost exactly. Only thing I added in addition was half a teaspoon of vanilla extract in the cream cheese mixture. Other than that, this recipe is a keeper.


Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment