Sunday, February 13, 2011

Hi Genki Japanese Restaurant

Address: 6680 Southoaks Crescent, Burnaby
Website: http://www.fujiya.ca/aboutFujiya/hiGenkiRestaurant.asp

MC and I finally met up for dinner after a few months of planning. We wanted to stay somewhere close, so I decided to take her to Hi Genki. I've been here once before and I quite like it, so I had to bring MC here. For those of you unfamiliar with this restaurant, it is a Japanese restaurant focusing more on home cooked meals rather than sushi rolls. Its location is a bit odd; it is located in a Japanese old folks home (Nikkei centre). There are plenty of parking right in the underground parking lot. The restaurant is always super busy because of its decent price and great food, but since we went on a week night, we got a table right away.

Anyways, Hi Genki always has its set menu and daily specials. I had the special which was breaded salmon with rice and salad. It was delicious. The salad came with a weird Japanese dressing, it had a very strong radish (Daikon) taste.


I forgot to take a picture of MC's order. :( Then for dessert, we shared tempura ice cream! I've been curious about tempura ice cream for so long, so I was really really excited to try this. It basicly is vanilla ice cream coated in a crispy bread coating. I don't know if they actually deep fry it or not, but it was absolutely delicious. It definitely wasn't heart healthy, but I think I'd die happy, lol.


I absolutely love Hi Genki and I would highly recommend it to anyone. There is still a lot of things on their menu that I would love to try. I will return :D

Hi Genki

No comments:

Post a Comment