Monday, December 13, 2010

Dinesty Chinese Restaurant

Address: 8111 Ackroyd Rd

NE and I wanted to meet up for lunch and do some shopping the other day in Richmond, so she asked me to pick a restaurant. I've recently heard about Dinesty Chinese restaurant, so I wanted to try it. Dinesty features an open kitchen where you can observe the chefs working in the kitchen. Our table was quiet far from the kitchen, so we didn't have a very good view of the work in progress.


 Rumor has it that Dinesty has the best Xiao Long Bao in the greater Vancouver area, so we had to order that. For those of you that are not familiar with Shanghainese food, Xiao Long Bao is a specialty Chinese bun known for it's thin skin and soupy inside. The buns at Dinesty did not disappoint! It was absolutely delicious. Every bite was delightful.


The next bun we tried was the fried beef buns. I was a little disappointed with this one. It was a bit sour, which was not expected.


For veggies, we had the fried green beans. I've always had a thing for green beans, so I loved these. Although I'm not sure how good this dish is for you heart, it was deep fried and full of oil, just the way they were suppose to be.


NE wanted to try the Marinated Beef Muscle slices mixed with soy sauce, so we ordered that. I don't really know how this is suppose to taste like, but it was cold and sour. I didn't like it at all.


Then we tried the bean curd mushroom roll. This was okay, I found it to be a bit bland.


For dessert, we had custard buns! It's funny, when JM was here to visit, all he ever wanted was these custard buns. And I could not for the life of me find these darn buns anywhere. I've searched online, asked all my friends, no one seemed to know. And now that he is gone, I've finally found them. How ironic. Anyways, it was delicious.



Overall, I really enjoyed my lunch at Dinesty and I would highly recommend it to everyone!

Dinesty Chinese Restaurant

No comments:

Post a Comment