Saturday, January 8, 2011

Top Gun restaurant

Address: 4500 Kingsway, #2228

It's been a while since I met up with my girls, so the five of us finally planned a date and we went out together for dim sum. Now dim sum is notoriously known for bad service, and Top Gun wasn't any different. So if you want nice and quick service, you won't get that here. As for the food, I was quite impressived with the quality. My friend's comment summarized the whole expereince, "there sure was a lot of shrimps". It is definitely a bit on the pricey side, higher than other dim sums I've been to.

We started with shrimp cheong fun. It was delicious with nice big juicy shrimps.


Chiu-chao style dumplings (Chiu Chao fun gao). It was my first time eating this. Apparently it originated from the Chaozhou province. It was this dumpling thing with peanuts, garlic, chives, pork, dried shrimp, Chinese mushrooms in a thick dumpling wrapper made from glutinous rice flour. It looked very pretty, but I didn't like the taste very much.


These scallp dumplings were my favorite item here. The scallop on the top was perfect.


Of course we had to have fung zao (Chicken feet). Can't eat dim sum without the chicken feet. :D The fung zao here were okay, I've had better at other places.


Steam spareribs and beef tripe. I'm not a big fun of spareribs, so I won't comment on that. The beef tripe was mediocore, I was kind of disappointed. This normally is one of my favorite.


Beef balls. Not quite what I expected. I liked it nonetheless.


Crispy shrimp spring roll. IL highly recommended this, so we had to try it. It was absolutely delicious. Plenty of shrimp goodness in crispy spring roll wrap. I've never seen this at any other dim sum place, maybe it's Top Gun's specialty?


Of course, dim sum is not complete without hak gaw.



Then for dessert we had the sweet potato sticky rice cake. It was good, but the sweet potato taste wasn't very noticeable.


 Overall, we had a great time at Top Gun. I was quite impressed with the food, but it is definitely more pricey than other place. A side note for myself, another dim sum place with custard buns.

Top Gun Hot Pot

No comments:

Post a Comment