Thursday, January 6, 2011

Of course, He loves me

At work the other day, I chatted with a patient regarding his home situation to facilitate his discharge planning. I asked my patient if he lives with his family, he said yes. So I asked him if they will be taking care of him at home when he is discharged. My patient said with such confidence, "of course, they love me." My heart was quite moved when I heard this. I think most of us can say this with confidence about our own family or friends. Isn't it great to have people around us that we trust? People who won't leave us to fend for ourselves? People who in times of trouble will step in and care for us? We are all so blessed to have these people in our life. But do you realize that we have a Lord that does the same? A Lord who leads us when we are lost, who comforts us when we are heartbroken, who carries us when we fall... Have you ever wondered how much He loves us? He loves us more than we could ever fathom.
"Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD your God... Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you..." Isaiah 43:1-4
This is one of God's many promises to us. He promised that in times of trouble, He will protect us; even fire and water can not harm us. Why did He make such a promise? Because He loves us. So then why is it that when we need help, we desperately try to grab onto anything but God?  It's as if God is trying to pull us out of the water when we are drowning and we are still trying desperately to grab at the trees or floating wood pieces instead of holding onto Him. I am not saying that we shouldn't depend on our love ones for help, I think God places each one of us together to support each other and He calls us to do so, but I am just reminding myself and you that God is present, He is willing to listen because He loves us too. So let us not be afraid of praying, let us bring our thoughts and worries before Him, let us call upon His name, and He will rescue us.
"When he calls to me, I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honor him." Psalm 91:15
We trust our family and friends to come to our rescue in times of trouble because they love us, but yet, we somehow forget the one person that truly have the power to help us and who love us more than anything. We need to have the confidence that God will take care of us too because He loves us. So next time when you are down in a slump and you are wondering if anyone is going to care for you, remember, "of course, He loves me".

2 comments:

  1. awwwww, sweet anni, this reminds me of that story when god and a man was walking on the beach and he sees foot prints, ever heard?

    touching, you're loved anni..

    love alf alfpha teehee

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet. Thanks alf Alfpha :D

    ReplyDelete