Friday, June 24, 2011

What8ver Cafe

Address: 1108 - 8328 Capstan Way
Website: http://www.what8ver.com/

Ever since I read about the toast box from Secret Eden, I could not stop thinking about it. For those of you unfamiliar with toast box, it basically is a large piece of bread soaked in condense milk, toasted, then layered with other dessert goodness. So I roped RN into trying this with me at What8ever cafe in Richmond. So this restaurant is a typical Taiwanese cafe with all the typical Taiwanese drinks and dishes. Toast box is actually not on the menu, so you have to specifically ask for it. Oh, and they only start serving it after 6pm, so if that's what you had your eyes on, don't go there for lunch.

Anyways, when we got there, I decided to go for my staple drink, honey green tea with pearls. It was delicious! The pearls were very well done, just the right level of chewiness and sweetness.


RN was feeling a bit cold, so she ordered the hot ginger tea. She said it was quite flavorful, since I'm not a big fan of ginger, I couldn't will myself into tasting it.


Now the star of the night, TOAST BOX! Now the picture doesn't quite do it justice, but this thing is huge! Toasted bread with ice cream, strawberry sauce, fresh fruits, pocky sticks, what more could  I want? It was delicious, crispy on the outside, soft on the inside. The only problem with this is that they burnt it slightly... but I was so excited I didn't even care. 


The server then carved this thing for us. He basically cut the sides exposing the sliced goodness inside. Then he removed the ice cream on the side so we can rip into the sliced toasty bread inside. It was heavenly. I highly recommend this to anyone eating around the area, it is a must try.


What8ver Cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment