Friday, June 17, 2011

Pho Thai Hoa

Address: 1101-8328 Capstan Way

RN and I got together again for a fun day under the sun, I mean rain. She used to work in Richmond so she knows the food scene there well. She wanted to take me to her favorite Vietnamese place, and of course, I couldn't say no to that. Pho Thai Hoa is a small restaurant with really funky decor. The decor wasn't very Asian, it was more fusion.

I noticed their extensive drink menu right away, so I couldn't resist ordering their avocado slush. It was amazing! It was so good and filling that it was like a meal in itself. The drink was so creamy and delicious, I can't even begin to describe how much joy it brought me. :D


Since I wasn't too hungry after my gigantic drink, I ordered the spring roll as my main. The spring roll was okay, I found it too be a little too dry for my liking though.


RN had the beef noodle soup, also known as Pho. This is her staple food when she comes to this restaurant. The thing that intrigued me the most is the funny look deep fried battered prawn on the side. I've never seen that being served with pho before.


Overall, I quite enjoyed my time at Pho Thai Hoa. The food was good and the service was decent. The drive is a bit too far for me from Burnaby, so unless I'm in the area, I won't be trekking over here. I did find out that they have another location on Kingsway, that's a lot closer than Richmond :)

Pho Thai Hoa

No comments:

Post a Comment