Thursday, June 9, 2011

Turks Coffee Lounge

Address: 1276 Commercial Dr

After a big dinner at Memphis BBQ House, we wanted to go to a coffee lounge to digest a bit. I urbanspooned for something close by and this place came up highly recommended. When I read the name, I thought they only serve Turkish coffee, turns out, it has nothing to do with Turkey at all. Who would have thought?

The interior of the cafe was definitely different. It was a bit old and run down, kind of like a hippie hang out area (majority of the customers were kind of hippie looking too). Anyways, the menu looked really intriguing, lots of funky lattes I've never heard of. There were quite a bit on the menu I wanted to try, so if I get a chance, I will definitely return to try their other lattes.

Now onto the drinks. HO had the matcha latte. It was delicious. The matcha taste was very evident, yet not overwhelming. The drink was creamy and sweet, but not the sweet. I thought it was perfect.


I had the raspberry chocolate latte. It was a great drink with just a hint of raspberry. The dark chocolate flakes complimented well. My only compliant is that the drink was a tad too sweet for me.  


 HN opted for the Earl Grey latte. Out of the three drinks, I think I like this one the best. Earl grey in a latte form was an interesting idea to me, I actually didn't expect to like it this much. But the drink was very creamy with just the right amount of earl grey flavor.


Overall, although the cafe looked a bit run down, I was really impressed with their drinks. I guess it's what they say, we shouldn't judge the book by it's cover.

Turks Coffee Lounge

No comments:

Post a Comment