Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Joe Fortes Seafood & Chop House

Address: 777 Thurlow Street
Website: http://www.joefortes.ca/

I wanted to take my parents out for dinner the other day to celebrate a special occasion, I've been wanting to try Joe Fortes, so this was my opportunity. My dad and I are both carnivores, so Joe Fortes was perfect for us since we both love a good steak. My mom on the other hand, prefers seafood, which is fine since Joe Fortes apparently can do seafood as well.

Joe Fortes is a very beautiful restaurant with a very classic look. I loved the large chandelier hanging above the entrance. It's definitely not one of those places you can wear jeans and flip flops into.

As for the food. My mom and I started with their clam chowder. It was alright, nothing special about it. Dad decided to not order an appy, he wanted to save room for the steak, such typical Chinese thinking, lol.


For main course, dad and I of course had the steak. I had the small 5oz, he had the 10oz. I have to say, it was a very good steak. I like mine medium and I thought it was grilled to perfection. The peppercorn sauce was pretty standard, but it was pretty good nonetheless. 



As for my mom, she opted to have the seafood option, salmon. She quite enjoyed this,


As for dessert, we shared two options. One was the tiramisu. It wasn't impressive at all. I found it really bland, it actually tasted like a slice of chocolate cake instead of tiramisu.


The other dessert we picked was Crème Brûlée. Although I'm not a big fan of Crème Brûlée in general, I thought it was pretty good. The sugar coating on the top was nice and crispy, and bottom part was very creamy.


Overall, the ambiance of the restaurant was wonderful. The main dishes were good, but the clam chowder and the desserts are not as good. My advice, just eat the main and save your tummy for the great dessert places nearby.

Joe Fortes Seafood & Chop House

No comments:

Post a Comment