Friday, July 15, 2011

Bubble Queen

Address: 8700 McKim Way, Richmond

SSJ and I met up for bubble tea the other day. I've been wanting to try Bubble Queen since forever, so this was my opportunity! Bubble Queen is known for their flavored egg waffles and funky bubble tea flavors, so that was what I had my eyes on.

Bubble Queen is a really small little bubble tea joint in Richmond, it's so small that we actually missed it a few times looking for it. There were only 4 tables inside, I would imagine it is probably quite hard to find seats on the weekend. But since we went on a weekday, we had all the seats we wanted.

When I opened the menu, I was overwhelmed by the selection of choices. They all sounded delicious and different, I had the hardest time deciding what I wanted. They had combos and flavors you can't find anywhere else. Finally in the end, I settled for Mango Slush with pearls and mochi balls. It was delicious. The mochi ball's texture was similar to the pearls, but they were mango flavored so it added a nice kick to the drink. The slush itself was good, although it wasn't anything too special.


SSJ had Mango Avocado Slush with pearls. It was absolutely amazing. I never would have though mango and avocado could work so well together, but it was a perfect combo. I would return to Bubble Queen over and over just for this.


 As for the egg waffle, SSJ and I shared a green tea waffle. It was nice and crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside. Each waffle had a bit of red beans in it, it was an interesting twist. Although the concept was super cool and different, the green tea flavor and the red beans were barely detectable. I would still try their other flavor egg waffles, just with a little less expectation of intense flavor.


Overall, we had a wonderful time at Bubble Queen. I really enjoyed both the egg waffle and the drinks. I can't wait to go back to try their other items!

Bubble Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment