Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Oyama Sushi

Address: 5152 Kingsway, South Burnaby

Okay, this is like my first food blog in over three months. It's not that I haven't been eating out or stop indulging in all the good food, it's just I haven't had time to blog about them. My pictures on my phone are so back logged that I'm still blogging about restaurants I ate at back in May...

So here we go, here to catching up. So MC and I met up back in May for dinner. We decided to go for Japanese, since I was craving for Japanese after being away for three weeks. But I forgot that MC doesn't eat raw stuff, so that did limit our options a bit. After debating for a long times, we decided to order a mix of rolls and udon.

The vegetarian udon came first. It was decent, the udon noodle was nice and chewy, just the way they are suppose to be. The soup had pretty good flavors.


Then we had the yam tempura roll. I'm not a big fan of yam tempura roll period, I always find them a bit bland. Oh well, nothing a little soy sauce can't fix.


MC was nice enough to let me order Alaska roll. She didn't touch the raw salmon at all, so we know where all those rolls went. Alaska rolls here are quite different from other places I think, I've mostly seen the salmon wrapped inside the roll, not lying on top... Either way, it was pretty good. The other thing that was really interesting was that the salmon was marinated, I liked the flavor, but it's definitely not a conventional Alaska roll.


Finally we had the dynamite roll. I've always been a big fan of dynamite roll, I mean who doesn't love deep fried prawns right? I found the rolls are bit too big for my liking, I definitely had to pick it apart before devouring it.


All in all, I quite enjoyed my time with MC at Oyama Sushi. It's always fun to eat in a mansion on a creaky floor, it has its own vibe and feel. I find the price pretty decent and the food pretty good. 
 
Sushi Oyama

No comments:

Post a Comment