Friday, May 27, 2011

Cumpari's Gelato & Caffe

Address: 535 North Road, Coquitlam
 
After dinner at Tofu House, the group of us decided to go for dessert somewhere near by. I suggest Cumpari since it's only a few blocks away. It is a beautiful and fancy look cafe that has two levels. I love the ambiance of the cafe, although I wasn't too impressed with the seating. Majority of the seats were these high and hard bar stool like seats. Although they looked funky and hip, they were really uncomfortable. Who knows, maybe that's the point, so people won't stay too long hogging up their seats. :P

As for the food, aside from the large variety of gelato and Italian coffee, Cumpari also serves a variety of desserts. We however, had our eyes on gelato. I have to admit, as compare to other gelato places, Cumpari is on the pricier side. However, I really like the creaminess of the gelato here and the funky flavors they offer.


The flavor I was most curious about was Bailey flavor, so I had to try that. It was delicious. So creamy and full of flavor, with just a hint of liquor. So without a doubt I ordered Bailey on waffle cone. I savored every bite. As much as I enjoyed the gelato here, I am not too happy with the fact that Cumpari doesn't allow two flavors in one scoop. I would have loved to try another flavor.


As I said before, Cumpari does offer other desserts as well. They all looked delicious, but they were also all a bit pricey.


SH was one of the few people that didn't order Gelato, instead, he opted for a true Italian dessert, the Cannoli. I didn't get to try it, but he said it was pretty good. Although it's not as fancy as the cannoli I'm used to, most of the ones I've eaten comes with some type of decoration at the end, Macadamia nuts or chocolate chip or something. But hey, who knows, maybe it's so good that it doesn't need all that. 


Cumpari's Gelato & Caffe

No comments:

Post a Comment